The Umbrella Academy is a private academy founded by Sir Reginald Hargreeves in order to train the seven children he adopted in 1989. To the untrained eye, the academy is merely a residential building, however below the surface Hargreeves taught the children how to harness their supernatural abilities to protect the world from evil.
The Umbrella Academy is also a term used to describe the group formed by the seven residents of the physical academy. All members — except Vanya — have tattoos of umbrellas on their wrist. There is also another version of the group known as the Sparrow Academy.
The term could also refer to the Dark Horse comics, its Netflix adaptation, or the card game based on the comics.
- The Umbrella Academy, the team seen in the Dark Horse comics
- The Sparrows, a mysterious team with similarities to the comics' Umbrella Academy
- The Umbrella Academy, the team seen in the Netflix series
- The Sparrow Academy, the Umbrella Academy of an altered timeline
- The Umbrella Academy, the Dark Horse comic written by Gerard Way and illustrated by Gabriel Bá
- The Umbrella Academy, the Netflix adaptation of the comic series, created by Steve Blackman and developed by Jeremy Slater
- The Umbrella Academy (Original Series Soundtrack), the original series soundtrack from the first season of the Netflix series
- The Umbrella Academy, Season 2 (Music from the Netflix Original Series), the original series soundtrack from the second season
- The Umbrella Academy Game, the card game based on the comic series